Monday, May 24, 2010

Washington Square Park

Had another fun Scrabble experience this weekend, I joined some people from the club playing at Washington Square Park.

It was beautiful out, 70 degrees, and we played in the northwest corner of the park. Unfortunately, due to construction on the east side of the park, where the chess players usually play, the area usually designated for Scrabble players was infested by chess players looking for games. Many of the chess players tried to draw me into games, but as a mediocre player I knew betting would be foolish proposition.

Many of the usuals from the club were there, and so I played two games against a kid a year older than me, Benjie, and Nancy from the club. I lost both of my games against Ben (he's a 1700 player), and I beat Nancy in both games. I always do surprisingly well against her because she's definitely at least a little better than I am.

Anyway, it was a really fun atmosphere in the park, I definitely plan on checking it out more over the summer when its nice out.

No comments:

Post a Comment