Monday, May 3, 2010

Learning My Threes

Today, I've been studying the three letter words. A player like me - who does decently at NSA Club #56 (albeit in the intermediate division) - should already know his threes, so I decided it would be a good thing to get out of the way first. I know a good portion of them already, so learning them all shouldn't be too hard.

Below are some threes that I think are neat words and their definitions, per the official Scrabble dictionary:

  • ALB (my initials) - a long sleeved vestment.
  • ASP - a venemous snake
  • DAK - transportation by relays of men and horses
  • FIL - a coin of Iraq and Jordan
  • GAM - to visit socially
  • IGG - to ignore
  • KEA - a parrot
  • LEU - a monetary unit of Romania
  • MOR - a forest humus
  • PAM - the jack of clubs in certain card games
  • PAP - a soft food for infants
  • PYX - a container in which the Eucharistic bread is kept
  • RIA - a long narrow inlet
  • SOM - a monetary unit of Kyrgyzstan
  • TIL - the sesame plant
  • URP - to vomit
  • YOB - a hooligan
Stay tuned later for fun anagrams and interesting game play scenarios.

No comments:

Post a Comment