Monday, May 17, 2010

Victory at Bayside

I played in my first tournament on Saturday, and it was a great success. I was placed in the lowest division because it was my first tournament so that's only logical, and I went 8-0 with a +412 spread. I was Gibsonized, meaning I had clinched victory before the championship king-of-the-hill game, so in the final game I played the first person out of contention.

For a history of the term Gibsonized, check out Scrabble Pages.

I had some big victories in which I won handily, but at the same time a few of my games, notably the ones against my father (Neal Beaton, who went 4-4), Fred Schneider, who came in 2nd, and Carol Francis were all very close and came down to the end game.

To see the entire tournament results, check out cross-tables.

To see my personal page, and my rating - 1327 - also head over to cross-tables. As you can see when you go to the tournament page, my new rating of 1327 places me well out of the bottom division, and well into the 2nd division from the top. In fairness though, that 1327 is almost definitely inflated by the easy opponents I had, when/if I do play in more tournaments, I would be surprised to see it stay up there. . . unless I put in the studying to match the rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment